Ham is a small town about 20 kilometres south west of St Quentin at the crossroad of the D930 St Quentin-Roye and the D937 Peronne-Chauny. The British Cemetery is in the village of Muille-Villette. From the town centre of Ham take the D932 in the direction of Noyon. The Cemetery is signposted from this road and is situated on the left hand side.
In January, February and March 1918, the 61st (South Midland) Casualty Clearing Station was posted at Ham; but on the 23rd March the Germans, in their advance towards Amiens, crossed the Somme at Ham, and the town remained in German hands until the French First Army re-entered it on the following 6th September.
Ham British Cemetery began in January-March 1918, as an extension of Muille-Villette German Cemetery, made by the Casualty Clearing Station. In 1919 these graves were regrouped and others were added from the German Cemetery and from other burial grounds.
There are now nearly 500, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, almost half are unidentified and special memorials are erected to 14 soldiers, believed to be buried among them.
Other special memorials record the names of thirty United Kingdom soldiers, buried in other cemeteries, whose graves were not found.
The Cemetery covers an area of 2,212 square metres and is enclosed by a brick wall.
The graves in the British Cemetery came from these cemeteries:
Croix-Molignaux German Cemetery (March and April 1918) ; Esmery Hallon Churchyard; Villers St.
Christophe Churchyard (March 1918); Eppeville Communal Cemetery German Extension (March 1918); and St Sulpice Communal Cemetery.