Louez Military Cemetery is 4 kilometres north-west of Arras and 1 kilometre
north of the main road from Arras to St Pol. The cemetery will be found by
taking the road off the D60E at the east end of the village, and then turning
right at the 'NO ENTRY' sign.
The Cemetery was begun by French troops, and taken over by the 51st
(Highland) Division as a "front-line cemetery" in March, 1916. The
60th (London) Division followed, during their short stay in France in the
summer of 1916; and the last graves (except two) are those of the Canadian
Mounted Rifles, who buried here from November, 1916, to March, 1917.
The French graves have been removed and those of two German prisoners.
There are now over 200, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site.