Premont is a village some 19.5 kilometres south-east of Cambrai on the road
to Guise and a little south-east of the main straight road from St Quentin to
Le Cateau. Premont British Cemetery is 1.5 kilometres south-east of the village
on the south side of the road to Bohain.
Premont village was captured by the 30th American Division on the 8th
October, 1918. Premont British Cemetery was made and used by four Casualty
Clearing Stations (the 20th, 50th, 55th and 61st), which came to Bohain in
October, 1918, and it was closed in the following December.
Some years later 165 graves were added to it: 155 from Bohain Station
Military Cemetery, six from Seboncourt Communal Cemetery, and four from a site
There are now over 500, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of
these, a small number are unidentified. The Cemetery covers an area of 1,526
square metres and is enclosed on three sides by a rubble wall.