Webmatters Title
Webmatters : Red Farm Military Cemetery

Red Farm Military Cemetery


Red Farm Military Cemetery is located 7.5 kilometres west of Ieper town centre, on the Poperingseweg N308 connecting Ieper to Poperinge. From Ieper town centre the Poperingseweg (N308), is reached via Elverdingsestraat then directly over two small roundabouts in the J.Capronstraat. The Poperingseweg is a continuation of the J.Capronstraat and begins after a prominent railway level crossing. The cemetery itself lies 7 kilometres along the N308 Poperingseweg on the right hand side of the road, after passing through the village of Vlamertinge and Brandhoek.

GPS N E Wikimapia
Decimal 50.854827 2.780448 Map

Red Farm Military Cemetery


Historical Information

For much of the First World War, Vlamertinghe (now Vlamertinge) was just outside the normal range of German shell fire and the village was used both by artillery units and field ambulances.

During the Battle of the Lys in April 1918, a new cemetery was established near the Red Farm, which was used during April and May.

Red Farm Military Cemetery contains 46 burials of the First World War, 17 of them unidentified. The cemetery was designed by A J S Hutton.


Red Farm Military Cemetery

Private Arthur Craig 898 41
41st Machine Gun Corps
Serjeant Albert Park 31080
4th Bn Machine Gun Corps
Died on 8th May 1918 Died on 20th May 1918
Grave: A 9 Grave: A 11


Other cemeteries in the area

Recent Additions

Brimont Churchyard

Braine Communal Cemetery

Soupir Churchyard

CWGC Poppy Button