Webmatters Title
Webmatters : Minty Farm Cemetery

Minty Farm Cemetery

Location

Langemark is located north of the town of Ieper off the N313. From the Markt take the Korte Ieperstraat, at the crossroads turn right into Boezingestraat, after 500 metres take the first turning left into Ieperstraat. Follow this road to the T junction at the end, turn right into Briekstraat, 1st left still Briekstraat, take again the 1st turning left called Hemelrijkstraat. The cemetery is 200 metres along this road on the left hand side.

GPS N E Wikimapia
Decimal 50.890707 2.909161 Map

Minty Farm Cemetery

 

Historical Information

Minty Farm (the name was probably adopted during its occupation by a Wiltshire unit) was at one time used as a German blockhouse and in 1917, as a company headquarters for Commonwealth forces.

Minty Farm Cemetery

The cemetery was begun in October 1917 and used until April 1918 by units fighting on that front. More than a third of the graves are of officers and men of the Royal Artillery. Minty Farm Cemetery contains 192 First World War burials.

The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.

Minty Farm Cemetery

 

Other cemeteries in the area

Recent Additions

Brimont Churchyard

Braine Communal Cemetery

Soupir Churchyard

CWGC Poppy Button