Webmatters Title
Webmatters : Warloy-Baillon Communal Cemetery

Warloy-Baillon Communal Cemetery


Warloy-Baillon is a village about 21 kilometres north-east of Amiens along the D919 to Arras. The Communal Cemetery is on the east side of the village and the extension is on the eastern side of the cemetery.

GPS N E Wikimapia
Decimal 50.013060 2.529082 Map

Warloy-Baillon Communal Cemetery


Historical Information

The first Commonwealth burial took place in the communal cemetery in October 1915 and the last on 1st July 1916. By that date, field ambulances had come to the village in readiness for the attack on the German front line eight kilometres away, and the extension was begun on the eastern side of the cemetery.

The fighting from July to November 1916 on the northern part of the Somme front accounts for the majority of the burials in the extension, but some are from the German attack in the spring of 1918.

The communal cemetery contains 46 Commonwealth burials of the First World War and 158 French war graves.

The extension contains 1,331 First World War Commonwealth burials and two from the Second World War. There are also 18 German war graves in the extension.

Warloy-Baillon Communal Cemetery Extension

The Cemetery Extension


Private Allan McIvor

Private Allan McIvor 10732
2nd Bn Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers
Died on 9th March 1916 aged 24
Son of J. and Lavinia McIvor
of Ballynagown, Desertmartin, Belfast

Grave: B 2

Lt Colonel Thomas Berkeley

Lt Colonel Thomas Berkeley
The Black watch
Royal Highlanders
Camp Commandant, 8th Corps, Staff DAQMG
Died on 20th May 1916 aged 56
Son of Robert and Lady Catherine Berkeley
of Spetchley Park, Worcester
Medal and Clasp, Nile Expedition, 1884-5
Khedive’s Star
Queen’s Medal
King’s Medal and Clasp, S.A. War.

Grave: A 2


Other cemeteries in the area

Recent Additions

Brimont Churchyard

Braine Communal Cemetery

Soupir Churchyard

CWGC Poppy Button