Webmatters Title
Webmatters : Rue-du-Bacquerot (13th London) Graveyard, Laventie
Rough Map of Area

Rue-du-Bacquerot (13th London) Graveyard

Location

Laventie is a village some 6 kilometres south-west of Armentières and 11 kilometres north of La Bassée. Leave Laventie on the D174 at the junction with the D169, which is 2 kilometres from the church. Turn left and the Cemetery is 200 metres on the left hand side of the road.

GPS N E Wikimapia
Decimal 50.627271 2.796761 Map

13th London Graveyard

 

Historical Information

The 13th London Graveyard was begun by the 1st Royal Irish Rifles in November 1914, and during and after the following December graves of the 13th London Regiment (The Kensingtons) were added. The cemetery was closed in July 1916.

13th London Graveyard

It was known also as the Red House Cemetery from a ruined house, now rebuilt, on the South side of the road.

There are 192 Commonwealth burials of the 1914-18 war commemorated in this site, 1 of which is unidentified.

The cemetery covers an area of 1,516 square metres and is enclosed by rubble walls.

Australian Graves

 


Other cemeteries in the area

Recent Additions

Canadian Cemetery No.2

Givenchy Road Canadian Cemetery

Petit Vimy British Cemetery

CWGC Poppy Button