Webmatters Title
Webmatters : Dickebusch New Military Cemetery Extension, Dikkebus

Dickebusch New Military Extension


From Ieper town centre the Dikkebusseweg (N375), is reached via Elverdingsestraat, straight over a roundabout onto J.Capronstraat (for 30 metres), then left along M.Fochlaan. Immediately after the train station, the first right hand turning is the Dikkebusseweg.

On reaching the village of Dikkebus, the cemetery is located on the Kerkstraat, which is a small street turning left off the Dikkebusseweg. 200 metres along this street, and just beyond the village church, lies the cemetery.

The New Military Cemetery is on the left and the Extension on the right.

Note that like many villages in Flanders the current name has reverted to a Flemish form: Dikkebus.

Dickebusch New Military Cemetery


Historical Information

The New Military Cemetery was begun in February 1915 and was used until May 1917 by fighting units and field ambulances, with a few further burials taking place in March and April 1918.

The Extension was used from May 1917 to January 1918.

Dickebusch New Military Extension

The Extension contains 547 including 5 unidentified.

The site was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens.


Other cemeteries in the area

Recent Additions

Brimont Churchyard

Braine Communal Cemetery

Soupir Churchyard

CWGC Poppy Button